Certificate III in Automotive Sales AUR31020
The Certificate III in Automotive Sales incorporates the latest AUR16 modules. This versatile course covers all aspects of automotive sales, customer interaction, customer service plus all requirements of working in a modern sales department- new or used. This course is perfect for those new to the industry requiring a comprehensive introduction to all aspects of vehicle sales, or those looking to progress or expand their role with a formal qualification.
How is the course delivered?
The Certificate III in Automotive Sales (AUR31016) is delivered online and is a combination of interactive multiple-choice quizzes, short and long answer questions, business analysis exercises, verbal competency assessments and an employer workplace report (where relevant).
How am I assessed?
All students have access to a personal training assessor who oversees and marks their course work. This is competency-based learning, so your assessor is there to ensure you have a sufficient grasp or understanding of the course content. Because of this, all students are free to re-submit and modify their answers to ensure the learning outcomes are met. Your assessor is there to support and assist you in achieving the learning outcomes.
Our assessors are available for contact during business hours Monday to Friday by calling 1300 807 177 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What is covered in the course?
There are 5 main clusters that need to be completed. They are a mix of basic workplace requirements, practical dealership communication skills and specific sales, follow-up and customer service skills.
They are as follows:
Cluster 1 – Work Effectively – learn the ins and outs of teamwork and communication in the workplace
- AURAFA003 – Communicate effectively in the workplace
- AURAQA001 – Contribute to quality work outcomes
- BSBWOR204 – Use business technology
Cluster 2 – Fundamentals of Vehicle Sales – Provides a thorough understanding of sales process and develops the skills required to build rapport, conduct effective consultations, develop product knowledge, deliver an interactive product presentation and prospect for new sales opportunities. This cluster also provides a comprehensive understanding of all the legal requirements of selling.
- AURSCA003 + AURSCA005 + AURACA001 – Getting started in automotive sales
- AURACA003 – Build customer relations in an automotive workplace
- AURSLA001 – Comply with legal requirements when selling automotive products and services
Cluster 3 – Products, Promotions and Prospecting – Learn how to promote and present products for sale and how to identify and plan sales prospects
- BSBPRO401 – Develop product knowledge
- AURSCA002 – Present automotive products and services for sale
- AURAMA004 – Maintain business image in an automotive workplace
- AURSCA006 – Promote automotive products and services
- BSBSLS407 – Identify and plan sales prospect
Cluster 4 – Problems, Complaints & Stock Requirements – Provides a functional understanding of used vehicle stock requirements, managing inventory and how to deal with and respond to routine customer issues and complaints.
- AURAFA004 – Resolve routine problems in an automotive workplace
- AURSAA001 – Process customer complaints in an automotive workplace
- AURSCA007 – Determine used vehicle stock requirements
Cluster 5 – Introduction to the working environment – Designed to provide an understanding of the overall dealership environment, examine the financial side of the dealership and core day to day functions such as processing online transactions, environmental issues and all WHS requirements.
- AURAFA001 – Use numbers in an automotive workplace
- AURSCA011 – Conduct online transactions in an automotive workplace
- AURASA002 – Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- AURAEA002 – Follow environmental sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
At the completion of the 5 clusters there is also a short questionnaire which will help you identify your personal leadership style.
How long does it take to complete?
The course is open to you for 24 months but there is no minimum time requirement. If you finish early, you still have on-going access to the course notes for the duration of the 2 years.
How do I pay for the course?
The course fee is $1,750. For individuals, the initial payment of $1,500 is due upon enrolment. The remaining amount will be invoiced upon booking of your final assessment.
For businesses the full payment of $1750 is due upon enrolment
For Traineeships payment is required in full upon enrolment of the student and will be invoiced to the business or trainee directly.
What if I need extra support?
Prior to commencement of your course, you will be required to complete both a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test and an Additional Support Survey. Your scores from both will indicate the level of extra support you will be provided. For more information, please refer to the Student Handbook or call 1300 807 177.
Is Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) available?
RPL is available and assessed free of charge. For more information on the process involved please refer to the student handbook or call 1300 807 177
Course Code: AUR31020
Duration: 24 months
Accredited & Nationally Recognised